“Dyess AFB C-130J Jet Black Super Wide Print” – by Squadron Posters.
Dyess AFB C-130J Jet Black Super Wide Print
Dyess AFB C-130J Jet Black Super Wide Print.
Dyess Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base located approximately 7 miles (11 km) southwest of Abilene, Texas. The host unit at Dyess is the 7th Bomb Wing (7 BW) assigned to the Global Strike Command Eighth Air Force. – The 317th Airlift Group (317 AG), an Air Mobility Command (AMC) tenant unit, performs C-130J Super Hercules airlift missions with 28 aircraft assigned. The 317th Airlift Group is now the largest C-130J unit in the world. The 317th AG consists of the following squadrons:
- 39th Airlift Squadron “Trail Blazers” (C-130J) (“Dyess” Texas State Flag tail stripe)
- 40th Airlift Squadron “Screaming Eagles” (C-130J) (“Dyess” Texas State Flag tail stripe)
- 317th Maintenance Squadron
- 317th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron
- 317th Maintenance Operations Squadron (inactivated June 2013)
- 317th Operations Support Squadron
Dyess AFB is also home to several tenant units, including Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) Detachment 222.