“Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station C-130” vintage style military aviation poster art by – Squadron Posters!
Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station C-130
“Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station C-130” – Poster Artwork, part of our Vintage Reproduction Series created in high resolution vector graphics by Squadron Posters! This artwork is based on a 1930s vintage poster for the United States Travel Bureau promoting “Niagara Falls.” – and is an *updated modern version of the original artwork (below).
- Title: See America United States Travel Bureau – Niagara Falls
- Creator(s): Unknown or not provided
- Date Created: circa 1930’s
- Record Creator: United States Travel Bureau
Niagara Falls International Airport Air Reserve Station (Niagara Falls Air Force Base c. 1955-1971) is an Air Mobility Command military installation adjacent to Niagara Falls International Airport, New York, 4.7 miles east-northeast of Niagara Falls, New York. The station is the last USAF installation in the state, the host unit is the 914th Airlift Wing of Air Force Reserve Command, and the station’s C-130 Hercules aircraft are shared by the wing’s 328th Airlift Squadron and the NYANG 107th Airlift Wing. A Military Entrance Processing Station for all five branches of the U.S. is located at the station.
About the original poster: In 1935, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt established the Works Progress Administration (WPA), as part of his New Deal program to put millions of unemployed Americans back to work. The New Deal administrators believed art could be a part of the daily lives of all Americans. The WPA funded various art projects including, between 1936 and 1943, the creation of a series of silkscreen posters to promote America”s National Parks and tourism.